Competitive League EZ Guide
Playing the Game
- Play is started by a referee blowing a whistle.
- Each Team attempts to eliminate all other players on the other team.
- The team who eliminates all players on the opposing side wins.
- Players called out by a referee must leave the court quickly and not interfere with play.
- When players are eliminated, they stand in the out queue in the order they where eliminated.
- Players in the out queue may be regenerated by a team mate’s catch.
- While playing, all players must stay in bounds at all times.
- Each match will have shaggers to bring balls back into play.
- Players are eliminated if they are struck by an oppontent’s live thrown ball.
- A throwing player is eliminated if their throw is caught by an opposing player.
- Players are eliminated if they cross the neutral zone line or go out of bounds.
- Thrown balls are considered live until they touch the floor, wall or ceiling.
- Thrown balls are live if deflected off of a blocker or a team mate.
- Intentional contact with an opposing player in the neutral zone will eliminate the violator.
- No slapping at or stripping a ball from an opposing player.
- A player is eliminated if they execute a “Headshot” on an opposing player.
Catching & Blocking
- Catches Regenerate an eliminated player on your team.
- Catch is considered a catch the instant the catcher demonstrates possession of the ball.
- Players may use a ball to block a thrown ball; the thrown ball is live off the blocker.
- Fingers are considered part of the ball, but the hand is not.
- All players must be completely behind the line.
- No movement prior to start (similar to track and field).
- Officials will restart if any player False Starts.
- No intentional contact or reckless incidental contact allowed, or you will be eliminated.
- No sliding, you will be eliminated.
- Players must bring their ball behind the attack line before they throw.